Wind turbines, which generate power from a wide range of wind speeds, are a great addition to your solar panel array as they can obviously generate power at night and on overcast rainy days when your solar production is low or non-existent.
We have a range of turbines in stock to select from, from the robust 400W 12V series right up to the 3000W 48V series.
There are a few things to consider when choosing a Wind Turbine to supplement your power requirements:
- If you are living in a town or city, check with your local city council before installing a turbine to make sure they allow them in your area.
- Check your existing solar system – Check the size; type and voltage of your battery system, to make sure it’ll match the voltage produced by the turbine you are interested in. Most of the time the wind controller can be ordered to match your existing system voltage.
- Where to put your new turbine? – Do you have the free air space to put up a turbine without it being in turbulent air? i.e. 6 meters up and above trees and buildings and ideally 100M away from any structure to get clean laminar airflow and peak performance.
- Know the average wind speed in your area (Online info for your area here) – If you are in a low wind speed area, you may need a five-blade turbine.
- Learn more at our Academy
our Academy is all about using and installing domestic wind turbines is free signup no strings attached.
Become a certified installer here: – https://expert.windandsolar.co.za/
Or if you just want to know more then you can go through our Non-Certified Course – click here for more info